Baby, it’s cold outside! Not to worry, we’ve got the perfect recipe to conquer those winter woes. Nothing combats chilly like chili, and we’re arming you with a pork shoulder roast and our special blend of seasonings that balance heat with sweet. Stay warm everyone!
Bold Black Bean Pork Chili
2 pounds Pork shoulder cut in to 1” cubes
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 large Onion (small diced)
2 Red Bell Peppers (small diced)
4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
1 – 14 ounce can Petite Diced Tomatoes (or crushed Tomatoes)
1 package Kettle Range chili seasoning
1 1/2 cups Tomato Juice
2 cups Chicken Stock
2 15 oz. can black beans
Cilantro Leaves (to garnish)
Sour Cream (to garnish)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add pork and season with salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until brown on all sides, stirring occasionally. Remove from saucepan; set aside.
- Add onion, garlic and peppers to same saucepan. Cook 4 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in browned pork, undrained tomatoes, black beans, tomato juice and broth.
- Add Kettle Range chili seasoning blend and tomato paste.
- Bring a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until pork is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish individual servings with sour cream and cilantro.