It’s Mardi Gras season! And we’ve got a great Cajun recipe for your Kettle Club pork shoulder. Marque Choux (pronounced Mock Shoe) is a classic Southern Louisiana dish comprised of braised corn, tomatoes, peppers and spices. Though traditionally served as a side dish, you can create a fantastic entrée in your slow cooker with this Cajun pork shoulder recipe. Laissez les bons temps rouler!
2 lb. Kettle Club Pork Shoulder
1 tablespoon Cajun or Creole seasoning seasoning
1 10 – ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
1 large green sweet pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 14 1/2 – ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- Season pork shoulder with Cajun or Creole seasoning coasting all sides of the meat
- Place meat in the slow cooker. Add frozen corn, sweet pepper, onion, sugar, hot pepper sauce, and black pepper. Pour tomatoes over mixture in cooker.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove meat from cooker. Drain vegetables, discarding cooking liquid.
- Serve meat with vegetables over white rice.
Makes: 4-5 servings