Recipe: Bold Black Bean Pork Chili
Baby, it’s cold outside! Not to worry, we’ve got the perfect recipe to conquer those winter woes. Nothing combats chilly like chili, and we’re arming you with a pork shoulder roast and our special blend of seasonings that balance heat with sweet. Stay warm everyone!
Bold Black Bean Pork Chili
2 pounds Pork shoulder cut in to 1” cubes
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 large Onion (small diced)
2 Red Bell Peppers (small diced)
4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
1 tablespoon Tomato Paste
1 – 14 ounce can Petite Diced Tomatoes (or crushed Tomatoes)
1 package Kettle Range chili seasoning
1 1/2 cups Tomato Juice
2 cups Chicken Stock
2 15 oz. can black beans
Cilantro Leaves (to garnish)
Sour Cream (to garnish)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add pork and season with salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until brown on all sides, stirring occasionally. Remove from saucepan; set aside.
- Add onion, garlic and peppers to same saucepan. Cook 4 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in browned pork, undrained tomatoes, black beans, tomato juice and broth.
- Add Kettle Range chili seasoning blend and tomato paste.
- Bring a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until pork is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish individual servings with sour cream and cilantro.