Sweetheart Strip Steak
Preparing a Valentine’s Day meal for that special someone? How about a steak dinner? Better yet, a heart-shaped steak dinner. Create a beautiful presentation by butterflying your Kettle Club premium New York Strip Steak into a heart. Follow these easy instructions to impress your carnivorous companion. We’ve even prepared a savory tarragon and red wine steak butter to top off your masterpiece. Enjoy!
- Place the steak fat side down on a cutting board
- Cut the steak in half length-wise without cutting all the way through to within ½ inch of the edge of the fat
- Open the steak by pressing each flat side down
- Season the steak with salt and pepper and cook to the temperature of your liking
- Top with Chef Eric’s savory red wine and tarragon steak butter