- 2 lb. Kettle Club Chuck Roast
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 18-ounce bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce (check out our great selection in the shop)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 slider sandwich buns
- In a large, heavy pot, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, roughly chopping them in the pot. Add the barbecue sauce, increase heat to medium high and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the chuck roast. Bring to a low simmer, cover and slow cook until meat is very tender, stirring occasionally, about 3 hours.
- Remove the meat from the pot. Use a fork and knife to separate the roast into small pieces. Set aside
- Increase the heat on the pot to medium/medium-high, uncover, and reduce the liquid until thick. Stir often to prevent burning.
- Return the meat to the liquid in the pan. Warm both thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste.