Beef in a Blanket
- 1 lb. Smoked Beef Polish
- 1 tube (8 oz ) crescent roll dough
- ½ cup orange marmalade or apricot jam
- 3 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray; place over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook 2 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Remove from heat. Let cool.
- On a lightly floured work surface unroll crescent dough; separate into 4 equal pieces, pressing to seal. Roll each dough section into a 4×6-inch rectangle (just long enough to wrap around each sausage).
- For the glaze, in a small bowl combine marmalade and mustard. Reserve half the glaze for serving time. Spread remaining glaze evenly on each dough piece to within ½ inch of the edges. Place 1 sausage link on one end of each dough rectangle; roll up to enclose. Pinch edges to seal. Using a serrated knife, carefully slice each sausage into 6 (1-inch) pieces.
- Brush the top of each wrapped sausage slice with egg; sprinkle with sesame seeds. Place, seam side down, on a baking sheet. Bake 10–15 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a platter and serve with reserved glaze.