You’ve had the Red Wattle, the Berkshire and maybe even our exclusive Cinta Senese. But have you experienced the incredibly delectable Kune Kune? Join us for an evening of sampling and learning about the origins of this rare breed. Hosted and raised with care by our own Trevor Schultz (Kettle Range Production Manager) and Nikki Barr (Kettle Range Elm Grove Retail Manager), we’ll enjoy a spectacular four course meal inspired by ingredients used in traditional Maori cuisine and find out just why these little pigs were such an important part of Maori culture.
What’s on the menu?
- Course 1: Polynesian Pork Belly
- Course 2: Traditional Maori “Boil Up” with Watercress Sausage stuffed Rewana Rolls
- Course 3: Piri Piri Pork Loin with Kumara Gnocchi
- Course 4: Mango & Manuka Honey Sorbet Topped with Manuka Honey Cured Bacon Bits
Our friends from Bitter Cube will be on hand pairing each course with a special island-inspired beverage. (Most beverages will contain alcohol. This is a 21 and over event.)
Your ticket includes:
- Four delicious Maori-inspired Kune Kune courses
- Mixed cocktails from Bitter Cube
- A fantastic opportunity to chat with our partnering farmers and learn about this rare heritage breed