Recipe: Cajun Pork Shoulder W/Maque Choux
It’s Mardi Gras season! And we’ve got a great Cajun recipe for your Kettle Club pork shoulder. Marque Choux (pronounced Mock Shoe) is a classic Southern Louisiana dish comprised of braised corn, tomatoes, peppers and spices. Though traditionally served as a side dish, you can create a fantastic entrée in your slow cooker with this Cajun pork shoulder recipe. Laissez les bons temps rouler!
2 lb. Kettle Club Pork Shoulder
1 tablespoon Cajun or Creole seasoning seasoning
1 10 – ounce package frozen whole kernel corn
1 large green sweet pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 14 1/2 – ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
1. Season pork shoulder with Cajun or Creole seasoning coasting all sides of the meat
2. Place meat in the slow cooker. Add frozen corn, sweet pepper, onion, sugar, hot pepper sauce, and black pepper. Pour tomatoes over mixture in cooker.
3. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
4. Remove meat from cooker. Drain vegetables, discarding cooking liquid.
5. Serve meat with vegetables.
Makes: 4-5 servings