Recipe: Korean Beef Cheek Tacos
- 1 pounds beef cheeks
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 ¼ chicken or beef broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup kimchi, or to taste
- 6 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook beef cheeks until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes. Stir in onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion begins to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir broth, soy sauce, green onions, honey, and sesame oil into the pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer until beef cheeks are tender, about 2 hours.
- Remove beef cheeks from the pot using a slotted spoon; cut into bite-size pieces. Arrange beef on a dish and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place a scoop of beef and some kimchi over each tortilla.
Write a Comment